T&G (formerly Turners & Growers), the global grower, distributor and exporter of fresh produce, has announced the rebrand of international subsidiary business Delica Limited to T&G Global.

Speaking at the Asiafruit Conference in Hong Kong, T&G Executive General Manager International Sarah McCormack noted that the rebrand of the Delica business is part of a wider strategic alignment of T&G subsidiary businesses.

“Delica has been part of T&G since 2007 with a strong presence in our international markets. With our recent rebrand of other subsidiary businesses, the time is right to also align Delica under the T&G brand,” says Ms McCormack.

“The Delica team has worked hard over the years to build a solid international produce trading business and, with the support of T&G, our global sales revenue has quadrupled in the past few years.  This rebrand to T&G Global is the next step in our strategic direction and will ultimately provide a stronger platform for our customers.”

Delica was founded in 1994 with offices in New Zealand and Australia and a focus on asparagus exports. In 2007 T&G acquired a 70 per cent shareholding in the business and bought the remaining 30 per cent in 2013. Today there are 12 offices globally in countries including Japan, China, North America and South America.

Darren Drury, T&G Executive General Manager Pipfruit, notes that the rebrand will help strengthen the brand and also allow for further growth on a global scale.

“Changing a brand is not an easy option but for us it’s definitely an exciting one. As T&G Global we will be able to not only utilise and promote the strong T&G brand on a global level, but also unify our international teams together,” says Mr Drury.

“Fundamentally the positive work we having been doing up to now will not change. It will be the same people, same service, same culture but with the great T&G logo. Rebranding from Delica to T&G ticks all the boxes on our T&G strategic pillars including Simplify It, Strengthen Relationships and Think Global.”

Over the next few months the T&G Global brand will roll out across the various offices with completion due by the end of the year.